The Big Six energy companies have had a tough time of late:
Npower has lost 62,000 customers this year, EDF has been ordered to pay £3 million after mishandling complaints, and British Gas has been blamed for pretty much anything and everything.
It’s frankly been a bit of a disaster this year for the UK’s most lucrative energy companies, and with 43% of us having lost trust in the Big Six* it doesn’t look as though it’s going to get better any time soon.
We at 1Gas wanted to understand why a lot of the population aren’t happy with the Big Six, so that we can make sure we do the exact opposite!
Here’s what we managed to find out:
1. The Big Six energy companies have been putting an emphasis on prioritising customer service.
2. In fact, they’re good friends with many of their customers.
3. They’ve started to host in-house customer service awards…
…because they’re just that good.
4. When you ring up they won’t leave you waiting for too long.
5. If they do, you’ll listen to an eclectic mix of the best contemporary music.
Simply Home Entertainment
6. Speaking of contemporary music…
7. They are organised and listen to your requests carefully.
8. Really carefully.
This is Money
9. Maybe it’s because they’re as smart as their technology.
10. And aren’t the least bit persistent.
11. They’re also, oh, what’s the word…
12. I suppose it can be slightly exasperating at times.
13. But at least they’re truthful.
14. Wait, how does that happen?
15. So, is there any way out?
16. Maybe not that drastic. But then, who can help us?
*Statistics in the opening paragraph have been sourced from external surveys and news articles.
Banner image source: Telegraph