The waiting time for procuring a new gas connection might take longer than you expect, and the timescales involved can take some people by surprise. The reasons for this varies, but in general consist of the following:
– How long it takes for a detailed quote design to be created.
– The local council and gas network providing their permission for works to proceed.
– How far in advance engineers are booked up.
1. The first part of the process is obtaining a quote.
A standard domestic quote is generally sent out within 7-14 days, whereas a commercial non-standard gas supply quote can take up to 4 weeks or longer during busy periods. This is because there are many processes, such as a site visit or confirming details with the gas network, which may need to be carried out.
Sometimes traffic management control and excavation permits could be required from the council too, which can alter a quote.
2. Once you accept a quotation with 1Gas, we aim to provide your gas installation work dates within the first 3-5 weeks, and the works to be carried out within the subsequent 6-8 weeks, although this does vary on a case by case basis.
Customer service is important to us at 1Gas, so we will try to look after you whilst you are waiting and will be there to answer any questions you may have.